HIPAA Compliant Medical Dictation and Transcription Services
All CardioScribes transcription processes are governed by and fully compliant with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA compliant). This feature ensures that whatever data is handed over to us by the client, YOU, is considered confidential and each one of our team members gives it due regard and respect as mentioned in the provisions of the act.
Overview of HIPAA
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (Public Law 104-191), also known as HIPAA, has standards that are designed to:
Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the healthcare system by standardizing the interchange of electronic data for specified administrative and financial transactions.
Protect the security and confidentiality of health information stored in electronic format.
CardioScribes strictly complies with HIPAA rules and regulations. We offer specialized cardiology support services such as transcription and billing as a web-based enterprise reporting solution that is available for the cardio-healthcare industry. HIPAA ensures healthcare organizations streamline their operations at the same time maintaining compliance with the ever-changing regulatory standards. In streamlining operations, HIPAA eliminates paper-based reports reducing printing, handling, distribution and storage costs by up to 80 percent.
HIPAA Data Security Rules
CardioScribes closely tracks the proposed regulations and ensures that our transcription service exceeds the data security requirements of HIPAA.
CardioScribes' security features already comply with the proposed data security rules of HIPAA :
- Strong authentication procedures that include both user identification and secure passwords.
- Our security administrator defines and manages user and role-based access as directed by HIPAA.
- Encryption technology (128-bit) that conforms to the proposed HIPAA rules for information transmitted over the Internet.
- Additional levels of security provided by our security feature that allow specifically designated users to view only the particular pages or columns of reports they are authorized to access.
- Tracking system that records user activity, including all the information any user has accessed, as required under the proposed rules.
Websites Related to HIPAA